Established in 2003, our company appeared on the market as a producer of cold rolled strips packed in coils, but since 2005 our field of activity has been enriched with the production of longitudinal welded pipes as a result of purchasing and putting in operation of some pipe- producing mills and performing un ample process of re-equipment and technological modernization, resulting in:
- The automation of the rolling equipment;
- The purchasing of new, EU-made processing equipment (rolling mills and slitting lines);
- The development of new modern technologies for cutting at a fix length and for packing our products;
- The stuff training and the improvement of technical management;
- The implementation of quality-control and quality-testing.
Concomitantly the human resource was permanently trained for taking the most difficult technical decisions, as our personnel has a high level of qualification and professional experience.
In the period of 2007-2009 the development process was continued by the implementation of a project financed by the Ministry of Economy and Trade through the "General Directory of Industrial Policies and Competitiveness" - the "Program for Increasing the Competitiveness of Industrial Products". By this project we equipped our laboratory of mechanical and chemical testing with:
- A spectrometer for the spectral analysis of the raw material in order to establish the chemical composition;
- A tensile test machine for testing the mechanical properties of samples of the received steel band (watch the video spot);
- A hydraulic testing press for attempting the pipes at a pressure of min. 70 bar
- A pipe-straightening machine and a group of two chamfering machines.
We endeavored to outfit our pipe-lines with the specific equipment for a non-destructive control of the welded seam (defect-detecting units based on eddy currents) in order to eliminate the defect products from the fabrication flow.
Right from the beginning of its existence, Technosteel LBR participated to the main exhibitions in our profile, such as “The International Technical Fair” in Bucharest (in the Exhibition Complex Romexpo), or the National Exhibition of the Building Industry "CAMEX" in Iasi, consolidating his position on the national market as well as on the European Community market.